The MVA is looking for volunteers to help organize an online workshop focused on students and young professionals. The event will aim to explore opportunities on the Moon, and define new activities for Moon Village Association members to pursue.
Application deadline: 25 April 2021
What does it involve?
We have developed the concept for the event and prepared a description for the topics to be discussed. We are not looking for a few volunteers to assist with:
- Developing the program of the event in coordination with speakers and sponsors
- Preparing the logistics of the event, including selecting and testing an online platform, and running the platform during the event
- Preparing promotional and communication content for the event including web content, social media and other relevant content
- Managing delegates needs including preparing materials for delegates, and organizing social activities as part of the event
The target date for the event is July 2021. Estimated time commitment varies and is flexible based on the needs of the event.
What are we looking for?
In assessing your application, we look at the following:
- Past experience in organizing teams for events or activities
- Experience with any of the specific areas highlighted above (for example communications, customer service, logistics)
- Experience/familiarity with the space sector or Moon related activities
- Experiences working in a team and leading teams
- Familiarity and comfort with using different software and online platforms such as Microsoft Word and Excel, google apps, and Slack
- Professional Fluency (Speaking, Reading, and Writing) in English
- Awareness of international cooperation principles, concepts and techniques
- Cross-Cultural and Communication Awareness: Ability to establish and maintain professional working relationships with people from various international and cultural backgrounds
- Experience in social media management and communications ideal
What’s in it for you?
This is a voluntary role and has no monetary compensation. However, you will have an opportunity to:
- Help put together an impactful event, the results of which may shape future activities at MVA
- Be recognized as on organizing team member on the event page
- Work with MVA’s global team, and partners and sponsors
- Gain early bird access to MVA events and activities
- Benefit from registration discounts and other unique opportunities only available to MVA team members
- Interact with leaders of MVA working groups, projects and board members
- Be recognized by the MVA for your contributions
- Develop highly desirable leadership and management skills
- Work with and learn from the best people in the world
I’m interested! What’s next?
Please submit the following items to firstname.lastname@example.org by 25 April 2021 with the subject line “MVA Student and YP event”:
- A letter of intent highlighting at least 3 past experiences that are relevant to the role
- A resume (maximum 2 pages)
We expect to respond to all those reaching out by 1 May 2021.