MVA is looking for active leaders around the world to become the MVA Regional Coordinators. This is a one year, volunteer position that offers a chance to lead and be responsible for the voice of the MVA in your region, especially as activities and excitement for the Moon Village expand around the world! You can find more information about how to apply here.
- Africa: National/Regional Coordinator: TBA
- North America: Prof. Madhu Thangavelu, University of Southern California
- South America: Regional Coordinator: Dr. Andreia Sorice Genaro, National Institute for Space Research, Brazil
- China: National Coordinator: Prof. Yuguang Yang, China Aerospace Science and Industry Corporation, China
- Japan: National Coordinator: TBA
- National Coordinator: Thomas Gooch, Office of Other Spaces, Melbourne, Australia
- Russia: National Coordinator, Yury Razoumny
- Cyprus: National Coordinator, George A Danos, President, Cyprus Space Exploration Organisation (CSEO)
- France: National Coordinator, Sebastien Drochon
- Hungary: National Coordinator, Dr. Tibor Pacher (CEO Team PuliSpace)
- Italy: National Coordinator, Prof. Giancarlo Genta (Polithecnic of Turin)
- United Kingdom: National Coordinator, Dr. Paul Iliffe (2016 Graduate ISU student)
You can contact the MVA Regional Coordinators via our contact page.
Inaugural Meeting of the MVA Italian Network: May 23, 2018, Turin, Italy
This year will expand even more the MVA frontiers and include Italian Network to the Association by holding the first Inaugural Meeting in Italy. In Torino, Italy on May 23 2018, researchers and professionals from all the country and abroad will be invited to attend the Conference on the Moon Village Association and listen about more activities and updates.
It will also be a good opportunity to put together scientists, physicians and propose activities in Italy.
Don’t miss the MVA scientific and social sessions in Torino!
Moon Village Association at ESA Spacetalks, Budapest, Hungary
Presentation by Tibor Pacher, Founder and CEO of PuliSpace at ESA Spacetalks about the MVA. What is actually the Moon Village Association, what can we do here in Hungary, how will the Hungarian MVA Network grow – all of these topics can be discussed every Thursday between 5-7 PM in Puli’s office in Sztregova Str. 1. Budapest – the Puli welcomes all interested people!
IAA SciTech Forum: Moon Village Association “Facilitating Broad International Cooperation”, Moscow, Russia
Prof. Yury Razoumny presenting “Moon Village Association – Facilitating Broad International Cooperation”, during the IAA SciTechForum 2018 at Peoples’ Friendships University of Russia in Moscow
Newspace Europe 2018: Moon Village Association during the Lunar Economy Panel, Luxembourg City, Luxembourg
Giuseppe Reibaldi, MVA President presented among the speakers during the Lunar Economy panel at NewSpace Europe 2018 about the role of producing policy building blocks to clarify and facilitate space resource activity in support of Lunar Economy and detailed the Moon Village Association activities and progress.
Upcoming Event: Public Forum on the Moon 2019, Melbourne, Australia
Moon Village Association Presents: Public Forum on the Moon to be held on March 2, 2019 in Melbourne, Australia.
The event is made in association with Office of Other Spaces, WorldSpaceWeek and the MVA.
Earths oldest companion, the Moon, has forever transfixed our imaginations. For the 50th anniversary of humans walking on the Moon, join us for a discussion about the future of the Moon and how the Moon could help Earth.
Four sessions: Environment, Mining/Robotics, Medical & Space Industry. Ten-minute presentations from four-panel members per session with a public discussion within each session.
We’ll capture this discussion by writing a white paper intended to add to the global conversation.