LONGUEIUL, Que. (CSA PR) — As humanity tackles the challenges of creating a permanent human presence on the Moon, multiple Canadian companies will undertake seven concept studies. These reports will help develop capabilities and define potential Canadian infrastructure contributions on the Moon’s surface.
These proposed solutions, selected following a Request for Proposals, aim to develop technologies and expertise that would support commercial interests and enable lunar science. Once the concept studies are completed, five solutions may be selected to move to the next step – prototyping.
The studies funded focus on five main areas:
- Agriculture and food production
- Autonomous and intelligent robots and rovers
- Avionics and communication
- Mining and In-situ resource utilization
- Power generation and distribution