The Moon Village Association (MVA) and the Space Economy Evolution (SEE) Lab of SDA Bocconi School of Management are joining force to organize a Workshop titled “Lunar horizons”, which will be dealing with space and non-space industries in relation to the Moon. This is scheduled during the International Astronautical Congress 2024 in Milan (14-18 October 2024)
The workshop aims to assess the most promising business opportunities emerging in the progression towards the lunar economy, especially from the perspective of ‘new-to-space’ industries. The expected output is a concise outline that illustrates the top priorities for ‘new-to-space’ industries to explore in terms of business opportunities through a research-for-business project. Making sense of these opportunities will provide the ‘new-to-space’ industries with the proper instruments to evaluate their entry into the space ecosystem.
We are seeking dedicated individual(s) to support the SEE/MVA event coordination team in organizing this workshop. This position is volunteer and there is no financial compensation expected
- Assist in researching and identifying potential speakers within the space commerceand lunar economy domains in coordination with SEE/MVA team
- Report directly to SEE event organisation leadership, keep MVA the loop
- Coordinate speaker outreach efforts, including drafting emails, managing responses, and confirming participation.
- Facilitate communication between speakers and organizers regarding logistics and presentation details.
- Engage in targeted audience recruitment and promotion activities, including developing marketing materials and managing registration processes.
- Support logistical arrangements for speakers and attendees, including travel coordination and on-site assistance during the event.
- Collaborate with the SEE event organizing team to ensure the smooth execution of the workshop
- Insure that MVA strategic priorities are achieved in the event
The length of the position is about 8 months and it will include the free participation to the Workshop
- Excellent communication skills, both written and verbal
- Strong organizational abilities and attention to detail.
- Ability to work effectively in a team environment and manage multiple tasks simultaneously.
- Interest in space commerce, lunar economy, and related fields is desirable moving forward.
- Availability, remote, of about 5 hours per week, but the selected candidate will be able to choose ihis/her time for work, with the exception of some coordination calls
If you are passionate about contributing to the exploration of business frontiers in space commerce and are interested in being part of our dynamic team, please submit your resume and a brief statement of interest in the form below by 19 February.
The candidate can be invited to hold an interview during the selection process in the period 19-22 February