The Moon Village Association Education & Outreach Working Group is looking for individuals interested in education and outreach to help support the implementation of its goals.
Application deadline: 1 December 2020
About the Education and Outreach Working Group
One of the key missions of the Moon Village Association has been to foster collaboration for the development of moon explorations projects and inspire young generations to pursue professional careers in space and related lunar exploration fields. With that in mind, the MVA Education & Outreach Working Group (WG) has been working to ensure that the associated objectives are fulfilled that could help MVA realize its mission.
Our education activities aim to:
- Collect existing learning tools from MVA partners/organisations/collaborators/projects
- Create learning tools that are adequate to foster the learning process
- Share the knowledge as MVA ambassadors throughout the world
Our outreach activities aim to:
- Implement new join initiatives with MVA partners/collaborators/organizations
- Organize events around the world where MVA ambassadors will attend and share their knowledge about Moon exploration
- Explore ways to collaborate and form new partnerships with organizations around the world
Moreover, our Women on the Moon initiative aims to inspire young generations of women to pursue professional careers in space and related lunar exploration fields.
The White Paper of the Education & Outreach Working Group outlines our perspectives and goals in more detail.
What are we looking for?
- Interest in education, outreach or diversity and inclusion
- Science communication experience is a plus
- We are particularly interested in skills including but not limited to:
- Website design (WordPress or other CMS)
- Video editing
How to Apply
Note that this opportunity is only open to Moon Village Association members. If you are not a member you will be asked to join the MVA before starting to collaborate with the working group.
Why should I volunteer?
Education and outreach helps inspire and empower others and is a rewarding experience. This is the perfect opportunity to network with like-minded people throughout the world and get a closer look into the future of human exploration of the Moon. It essentially gives you a forum to express yourself and change the trajectory of the space industry. In addition, you will be recognized for your contributions to the Moon Village Association and the different activities of the working group.