Application deadline: 1 December 2020
MVA is looking for active leaders around the world to become the MVA National Coordinators. This is a two year, volunteer position that offers a chance to lead and be responsible for the voice of the MVA in your country, especially as activities and excitement for the Moon Village expand around the world!
MVA National Coordinators represent members of a specific UN member state, they help coordinate the activities of MVA members in their country, including but not limited to events, outreach programs, engagement activities and forming partnerships with organizations in their country interested in the Moon. National coordinators also act as a link between MVA working groups and their countries.
Each country is assigned two national coordinators within the MVA network. We are currently recruiting new National Coordinators in all countries.
What do National Coordinators do?
- Interface with organizations in their respective country to promote the Moon Village concept
- Coordinate with members in their country to organize local Moon Village Association activities
- Connect members in their country to relevant Moon Village Association activities including events and working groups
- Submit annual plans, and reports outlining their activities
- Maintain the national webpage on the MVA website
- Attend a monthly regional meeting
Duration of term: 2 years (renewable for an additional two years)
Estimated time commitment: 2 – 7 hours a week on average, depending on the type of activities conducted.
What are we looking for?
Our regional coordinators come from various backgrounds. In assessing your application, we look at the following:
- Citizenship of or residence in the region you wish to represent (residence in region is preferred)
- Past experience leading activities at regional or local level
- Experience/familiarity with the space sector or Moon related activities
- Experiences working in a team and leading teams
- Familiarity and comfort with using different software and online platforms such as Microsoft Word and Excel, google apps, and Slack
- Professional Fluency (Speaking, Reading, and Writing) in English
- Awareness of international cooperation principles, concepts and techniques
- Cross-Cultural and Communication Awareness: Ability to establish and maintain professional working relationships with people from various international and cultural backgrounds
What’s in it for you?
This is a voluntary role and has no monetary compensation. However, you will have an opportunity to:
- Be the face of the Moon Village Association and represent a global nonprofit in your region
- Work with MVA’s global team, and partners and sponsors
- Gain early bird access to MVA events and activities
- Benefit from registration discounts and other unique opportunities only available to MVA team members
- Interact with leaders of MVA working groups, projects and board members
- Be recognized by the MVA for your contributions
- Develop highly desirable leadership and management skills
- Work with and learn from the best people in the world
Interested individuals are invited to apply by submitting:
- A 1-page letter of intent
- A resume (maximum 2 pages)
- A 1-2 page document including:
- 3 past experiences and how they have prepared the applicant for this role
- A short term plan for the first year of their term (a simple table with ideas would suffice)
Applications will be reviewed by the MVA Network Coordinator. Eligible applications will be invited to discuss their plans with the Network Coordinator in more detail. The Network Coordinator will be recommending applicants to the MVA Board for final consideration.
- Applications open: 5 November 2020
- Applications close: 1 December 2020
- Review of applications: 1 December – 15 December 2020
- Announcement of results: 10 January 2021