The MVA is looking for volunteers to help organize an online workshop focused on students and young professionals. The event will aim to explore opportunities on the Moon, and define new activities for Moon Village Association members to pursue.
Application deadline: 1 December 2020
What does it involve?
The MVA has an existing concept for the event. The recruited team will work on updating this concept to finalize the format of the event and then develop and implement the event program. A role breakdown will be determined based on the interests of those involved, but will likely include:
- Developing the program of the event including determining discussion topics in coordination with speakers and sponsors
- Logistical preparation for the event, including selecting and testing an online platform
- PR and communications including preparing website, social media and other relevant content
- Delegate management including preparing materials for delegates, and organizing social activities as part of the event
The team will work on the event together until April-May 2021. Estimated time commitment varies and is flexible based on the needs of the event.
What are we looking for?
In assessing your application, we look at the following:
- Past experience in organizing teams for events or activities
- Experience with any of the specific areas highlighted above (for example communications, customer service, logistics)
- Experience/familiarity with the space sector or Moon related activities
- Experiences working in a team and leading teams
- Familiarity and comfort with using different software and online platforms such as Microsoft Word and Excel, google apps, and Slack
- Professional Fluency (Speaking, Reading, and Writing) in English
- Awareness of international cooperation principles, concepts and techniques
- Cross-Cultural and Communication Awareness: Ability to establish and maintain professional working relationships with people from various international and cultural backgrounds
What’s in it for you?
This is a voluntary role and has no monetary compensation. However, you will have an opportunity to:
- Help put together an impactful event, the results of which may shape future activities at MVA
- Be recognized as on organizing team member on the event page
- Work with MVA’s global team, and partners and sponsors
- Gain early bird access to MVA events and activities
- Benefit from registration discounts and other unique opportunities only available to MVA team members
- Interact with leaders of MVA working groups, projects and board members
- Be recognized by the MVA for your contributions
- Develop highly desirable leadership and management skills
- Work with and learn from the best people in the world
I’m interested! What’s next?
Please submit the following items to email@example.com by 1 December 2020 with the subject line “MVA Student and YP event”:
- A letter of intent
- A resume (maximum 2 pages)
We expect to respond to all those reaching out by 15 December 2020.