No products in the cart.
- This event has passed.
MVA – LSA webinar: Space Resources – through the lens of Scientific and Commercial key players (Non-space actors go to the Moon series)
September 29, 2021 @ 16:00 – 17:30 CEST
The goal is to address the capabilities and opportunities Space Resources-related industries have to offer, meeting companies with wide range of vision; to identify what to expect and what more to know; to learn how can research nurture the economic perspective.
Tentative topics to focus on:
- Cheering of non-space industries’ involvement in the Moon-related activities, identification of those industries (mining, architecture, robotics, energy …)
- Finding mutual benefits for space and non-space industries cooperation in the context of the Moon resources exploration & utilization
- Economic expediency and commercial opportunities for non-space industries to invest in new developments aiming at a “dual use” (that is both for space and on-Earth applications), as well as bringing existing terrestrial solutions to the attention of space players
- MVA as a possible platform for a dialogue between the two groups of industry, defining attractive cooperation models etc.
- What to anticipate in the coming decade?
- How commercial perspectives shape/drive the scientific community
- Possible activities MVA can stage in the future.
1. Introduction to the topic by Dr. Oleg Ventskovsky, MVA and Juliette Pertuy, LSA (5’ in total)
2. Presentations (5’ each)
- Space Agency perspective – Mathias Link, LSA
- Non-space company and organization perspectives
- space company perspectives
3. Round-table discussion of the above and other topics moderated by Dr. Oleg Ventskovsky, MVA (30’)
4. Q&A session (15’)
5. Wrap-up and way forward.
Confirmed speakers list:
- Prof. Angel Abbud-Madrid, Colorado School of Mines
- Dr. Ian Mellor, Metalysis
- Bertrand Baratte, Air Liquide
- Jennifer Lopez, Astrobotic
- Ahmad Al Otaibi, Burgan Drilling company
- Bruno Pagliccia, Seisbee
- Pooria Eshtiaghi and Alexandra Radl, RWTH Aachen
Register on eventbrite to participate: