No products in the cart.
- This event has passed.
GEGSLA Public webinar – Towards Sustainable Lunar Activities
September 30, 2021 @ 15:00 – 16:00 CEST
The first GEGSLA Public Webinar – Towards Sustainable Lunar Activities, will take place September 30 at 15:00 CEST to inform the public about the recent developments of the group. It will illustrate planned lunar missions for 2022, address scientific considerations, and discuss urgent sustainable lunar exploration and utilization issues. This event will be a unique opportunity to learn more about how GEGSLA and its recently formed subgroups (on Information Sharing; Safe Operations and Lunar Environmental Protection; Compatibility and Interoperability; and Responsible Governance) work together towards a new era of lunar exploration and utilization.
- Introduction to the Webinar (Giuseppe Reibaldi – MVA President, Global Expert Group on Sustainable Lunar Activities (GEGSLA) Executive Secretary)
- Science from/on the Moon (Ian Crawford, Professor of Planetary Science and Astrobiology, Birkbeck College, University of London)
- Sustainable Lunar Exploration is coming: Industry/Government presentations of Lunar Landing Missions (3) planned in 2022:
- ROSCOSMOS Luna 25 ( Igor Mitrofanov – Institute for Space Research of Russian Academy of Science)
- Astrobotic – Making Space Accessible to the World (Jennifer Lopez, Astrobotic – Director of Business Development, Commercial and Civil Space)
- Chandrayaan-3 Mission (Parameswaran Sreekumar- ISRO)
- Urgent Issues for sustainable Lunar Exploration/Utilization/GEGSLA Objectives – (Dorin Prunariu – Chairman GEGSLA)
- Conclusions (Giuseppe Reibaldi)
Register on Eventbrite to participate:
or watch live on the MVA Facebook Page