Launched at UNISPACE50+, the NewSpace2060 International Moon Pitch competition received over the course of 4 months, 30+ entries from about 15 countries sponsored by RSTArches, SpaceBit and SpaceChain.
As organiser, NewSpace2060 would like to thank the Moon Village Association, Judges hailing from Asteroid Mining, BridgeSat, Boeing, i-space, ISU, UNOOSA, PTScientists, ForAllMoonkind, Bluefield, CSCF, Technische Universitat Wien, Thrive Global, BIB (Innovative Human Centered Design Lab), RSTArches, SpaceBit and SpaceChain.
Further, NewSpace2060 would like to thank supporters including the International Aeronautical Federation (IAF), International Space University (ISU), Space Generation Advisory Council (SGAC), Drapers University, SPACEONEERS, DIGIJEUNES, Future City Summit, Asteroid Mining Corporation, HUB387, Robotex, The Moonshot Foundation, ForAllMoonkind.
The quality and diversity of the entries were excellent and it was challenging for the Judges to make their decisions. We congratulate all participants and particularly the winners as follows:
- Karl-Johan Sørensen et Sebastian Aristotelis for the Moon Village architecture & construction RST ARCHES prize (€750).
- Kyunghwan KIM for the Moon Village architecture & construction RST ARCHES prize (€750).
Special Mentions for Moon Village Architectural Concepts and issues:
- John C. Mankins for the project “HOTEL LUMINOS”
- Luciana Tenorio
- Madhu Thangavelu & David Schrunk
- Julio Orta & Mauricio Mastropiero
- Monika Lipinska
- Sanna Sarkama
- Aiden Cowley
Bachelor Online Media at Faculty Digital Media at Hochschule Furtwangen
University, Germany for NewSpace2060 Prize, Pitch mentoring
- Sergiu Petre Iliev for Best Blockchain technology, SpaceBit prize (Full HD Lenovo laptop SSD)
- NewSpace2060 Prize (Opportunity to pitch to real investors)
- SpaceChain Prize, Benefit to use SpaceChain OS and Open Source satellite constellation
- Sabrina Kerber and Theresa Brock for Best Critical services, SpaceBit prize (Full HD Lenovo Laptop SSD)
- Elissavet Koumi, SpaceChain prize (Assistance in fundraising)
- Peter Schubert’s team, SpaceChain prize (Assistance in fundraising)