No products in the cart.
The “Cultural Considerations Working Group” provides a forum for raising and promoting an international discussion of diverse cultural factors that must inform decisions regarding, or that might arise from the Moon Village concept and its implementation. The Working Group involves experts and intellectuals worldwide, ready to contribute to the discussion while at the same time reaching out to the general public to communicate a broader knowledge and a better understanding of possible challenges and likely opportunities for an improvement of our life on Earth.
About the Cultural Considerations Working Group
The “Cultural Considerations Working Group” provides a forum for raising and promoting an international discussion of diverse cultural factors that must inform decisions regarding, or that might arise from the Moon Village concept and its implementation. The Working Group will involve experts and intellectuals worldwide, ready to contribute to the discussion while at the same time reaching out to the general public to communicate a broader knowledge and a better understanding of possible challenges and likely opportunities for an improvement of our life on Earth.
Why me to the Moon?
Watch the Video Project of the MVA Cultural Considerations Working Group!
Watch the Cultural WG webinar: Deep Space Effect and its influence on human society
Watch the Cultural WG Webinar – Space Habitats And Habitability: Designing For Isolated And Confined Environments On Earth And In Space
Watch the Cultural WG webinar – Space Design For A New Extra-Terrestrial Human Being
Watch the Culural Considerations WG webinar – The Moon as Muse: Visions for Lunar Artistic Engagement
Watch the recording of the Cultural Considerations webinar – Spirituality in the Moon
Watch the Cultural Considerations WG webinar – Space for Art
- Participation in the project Towards a lunar generation: Science communication and the role of arts.
- Production of a webinar on The Moon and Arab culture
- Production of a promotional video: Why me to the Moon?
- Organisation of a workshop on WG’s activities in the frame of the MVA Annual Workshop 2021 (6-8 December 2021).
- Webinar: What we talk about when we talk about human signs on the Moon
(Speakers: Stefano Catucci and Michelle Hanlon; June 20, 2020).
- Webinar: Fly me to the Moon. The promise of lunar tourism
(Speakers: Derek Webber and Patrick Collins; October 15, 2020).
- Webinar: Literary Luna
(Speakers: Christopher Cokinos, Julie Swarstad Johnson, and Lisa Pettibone; January 12, 2021).
- Webinar: We choose to go to the Moon. Choosing a space age or a stone age
(Speakers: Dr. James Schwartz and Dr. Marco C. Bernasconi; April 15, 2021).
- Webinar: Moon Music. A soundtrack to our relationship with the Moon
(Speakers: Chris Charlesworth and Lisa Pettibone; July 6, 2021).
Our mandate is to catalyze and promote a positive transformation of humanity’s general cultural consensus around the development of a permanent human presence on the Moon.
Our goal is to articulate the cultural benefits of a permanent lunar presence that transcends both technological and spiritual platforms in order to create an inevitability of human growth and development incorporating our closest celestial neighbor.
- To steer the cultural impact of and on the Moon we are undertaking the following actions:
Identify and partner with organizations that bring more depth to our understanding of culture, specifically in respect of indigenous philosophies.
- Consider physical and tangible expressions of culture that would both deepen our understanding and raise awareness. For example, placing a camera on the Moon so that everyone on Earth can experience the overview effect in real-time.
- To host webinars with invited experts dedicated to discussing the cultural aspects of the Moon.
- To produce videos and other media about the Moon.
- Create sub-Working Groups to pursue specific topics, to develop detailed white papers on each, while also considering further topics for consideration, including a focus on what cultural impact missions to the far side of the Moon may create.
- Develop a social media campaign to challenge conceptions and misconceptions about space and space exploration.
Cultural Considerations Working Group
To participate in the working group you must first become a member of the Moon Village Association.
Direct contact: ecaps1679628098.ygol1679628098oranu1679628098l@lai1679628098cos1679628098