No products in the cart.
- This event has passed.
The Future of Moon Exploration and Settlement
March 25, 2019 @ 09:00 – 13:00 UTC+0
The Opening of the MVA French Network. In this 21st century, we are trying to reach the moon and the stars once again. But this time we want to settle there. In this event is to present the main challenges and opportunities of the Moon Village and the contribution that the MVA is bringing to its implementation. This event will represent the opening of the MVA French network and explain how people can join the MVA.
The event is organized with the Moon Village Association in cooperation with RST Arches, the International Space University and the Paris Val de Seine Architecture School.
09:00 – 09:30 Arrive and get seated (coffee at the cafeteria)
09:30 – 09:40 Welcome by Director of Faculty Architecture (Philippes Bach)
09:40 – 10:10 Introduction
- Arches (Emmanuel Dufrasnes)
- ISU (Chris Welch)
- MVA (Giuseppe Reibaldi)
Moon Village Challenges and Opportunities
10:10 – 10:30 Technical (John Mankins, VP MVA)
10:30 – 10:50 Human (Michel Tognini, Claudie Haignere)
10:50 – 11:00 Economical (Alain Dupas)
11:00 – 11:35 Long-Term Prospective (CNES, Francois Spiero). Views from industry
11:35 – 11:45 Cultural (Jacques Rougerie)
11:45 – 12:05 Educational
- ISU MSS19A Team Project Moonwalk
- A sustainable approach for the establishment and evolution of a lunar settlement for science and exploration purposes (Monika Lipinska and Charlotte Nassey)
- Winner of 2018 Arches/MVA Architecture Competition (Kyunghwan Kim)
- Announcement of a new MVA/Arches Competition in 2019 (Emmanuel Dufrasnes and Giuseppe Reibaldi)
- Maurille Lariviere, The Sustainable Design School
12:05 – 12:15 Outreach (Emeline de Antonio)
12:15 – 12:20 MVA French Network Presentation (Sebastien Drochon)
12:20 – 12:50 Q&A
12:50 – 13:00 Ministry of Culture