Application deadline: 25
July August 2021 (updated)
MVA is looking for active leaders around the world to join its PESC team in preparation for expansion of the PESC project. The MVA PESC project aims to engage emerging space countries in activities relating to the Moon. More information about the project is available here.
Description of the Roles
We are looking for 3 volunteers to join the PESC team:
PESC Deputy Project Manager
- Support the Project Manager with their tasks.
- Act as a communication facilitator between Project Manager and the Group Leaders.
PESC Graphic Designer and Outreach Officer
- Create content for outreach activities with the coordination of the Project Manager.
- Follow-up with outreach activities by local teams.
PESC Africa Group Leaders
- Follow-up with local teams during the drafting process of the roadmap. This can happen by sending emails or meeting online. Most importantly, to encourage local teams to submit their deliverables within the agreed deadlines.
- Follow-up with local teams performing the projects and official communication as per the roadmap and the synthesis matrix created by the Project Manager. The consideration of the guidelines is important.
- Communicate with the Project Manager or Deputy Project Manager if local teams requested extra support.
- Provide input and information for the Project Manager and Deputy Project Manager for drafting the annual reports, feedback meeting reports and website.
- Distribute the above tasks for MVA RCs and PoCs.
Duration of term: 2 years
Estimated time commitment: 2 – 7 hours a week on average, depending on the type of activities conducted.
What are we looking for?
Our volunteers come from various backgrounds. In assessing your application, we look at the following:
- Citizenship of or residence in the region you wish to represent (residence in region is preferred)
- Past experience leading activities at regional or local level
- Experience/familiarity with the space sector or Moon related activities
- Experiences working in a team and leading teams
- Familiarity and comfort with using different software and online platforms such as Microsoft Word and Excel, google apps, and Slack
- Professional Fluency (Speaking, Reading, and Writing) in English
- Awareness of international cooperation principles, concepts and techniques
- Cross-Cultural and Communication Awareness: Ability to establish and maintain professional working relationships with people from various international and cultural backgrounds
What’s in it for you?
This is a voluntary role and has no monetary compensation. However, you will have an opportunity to:
- Be the face of the Moon Village Association and represent a global nonprofit in your region
- Work with MVA’s global team, and partners and sponsors
- Gain early bird access to MVA events and activities
- Benefit from registration discounts and other unique opportunities only available to MVA team members
- Interact with leaders of MVA working groups, projects and board members
- Be recognized by the MVA for your contributions
- Develop highly desirable leadership and management skills
- Work with and learn from the best people in the world
Interested individuals are invited to apply by submitting:
- A 1-page letter of intent including an outline 3 past experiences and how they have prepared the applicant for this role
- A resume (maximum 2 pages)
Applications should be submitted through email to email@example.com with the subject line “Application – PESC – June 2021:.
- Applications open: 1 July 2021
- Applications close: 25 August
- Review of applications and discussion with candidates: 20 August – 10 September 2021
- Announcement of results: 15 September 2021