The Moon Village Association (MVA), in cooperation with the Cyprus Space Exploration Organisation (CSEO), is opening a call for applications for the position of “Moon Village Association – Implementation Support Officer” (MVA-ISO). As the MVA-ISO, you will contribute your passion, drive, ideas and expertise to expanding our reach and impact while taking on immediate and significant responsibilities within your team. In addition to learning on the job, you’ll partake in a variety of educational, social, and professional development workshops and events that will accelerate your professional growth while learning about the MVA, CSEO and the international space and high-technology sectors.
The Moon Village Association (MVA) is an international non-governmental organization (NGO) based in Vienna. The main objective of the MVA is the implementation of the Moon Village. MVA fosters cooperation for existing or planned global moon exploration projects, either public or private initiatives. MVA also fosters the implementation of the Moon Village and is creating international, national and regional networks to engage civil society around the world. MVA currently has over 700 participants from more than 46 countries and 32 Institutional members around the globe, representing a diverse array of technical, scientific, cultural and interdisciplinary fields. The Moon Village Association’s mission is unique, bridging together both spacefaring and non-spacefaring nations offering them the opportunity to play a role in its realization. There is no other organization on the international scene having such a mission.
What does the MVA Implementation Support Officer do?
- Coordinate the recruitment, training and activities of National and Regional Coordinators
- Support promotion of global network activities
- Connect members to Global network
- Oversee MVA membership registration and management
- Engage with MVA members on Slack
- Support social media and event organization activities at MVA
- Foster agreements with Regional/National stakeholders to increase the penetration of MVA in the Public and Decision Makers
Duration of term: 6 months, renewable
Estimated time commitment: 20 hours a week on average. This position will be based at home and it will not require travel, at least for the first 6 months.
What are we looking for?
In assessing your application, we look at the following:
- Past experience leading activities in nonprofits and space organizations with a global network (preferably at least 3 years)
- Experience/familiarity with the space sector or Moon related activities
- Experiences working in a team and leading teams
- Familiarity and comfort with using different software and online platforms such as Microsoft Word and Excel, google apps, and Slack
- Professional Fluency (Speaking, Reading, and Writing) in English
- Awareness of international cooperation principles, concepts and techniques
- Cross-Cultural and Communication Awareness: Ability to establish and maintain professional working relationships with people from various international and cultural backgrounds
- Experience with social media and web related activities
- Flexible working time
What’s in it for you?
This is a paid position, with remuneration dependent on skillset. In addition to your compensation, you will have an opportunity to:
- Be the face of the Moon Village Association and represent a global nonprofit
- Work with MVA’s global team, and partners and sponsors
- Gain early bird access to MVA events and activities
- Benefit from registration discounts and other unique opportunities only available to MVA team members
- Interact with leaders of MVA working groups, projects and board members
- Be recognized by the MVA for your contributions
- Develop highly desirable leadership and management skills
- Work with and learn from the best people in the world
Interested individuals are invited to apply by submitting:
- A 1-page letter of intent, outlining 3 past experiences and how they have prepared the applicant for this role
- A resume (maximum 2 pages)
Applications should be submitted using the form below. In case you are unable to submit a Form application, please email Glafki Antoniou at yc.gr1709172352o.oes1709172352c@osa1709172352-avm1709172352
Applications will be reviewed by the MVA president. Eligible applications will be invited to discuss their plans with the MVA president in more detail.
- Applications open: 28 July 2021
- Applications close:
1525 August 2021
- Discussion with candidates:
16-2230 August 2021
- Announcement of results:
2531 August 2021
- Start of work: 1 September 2021