The 2nd International Moon Village Workshop & Symposium will take place on November 04-05, 2018 in Southern California.
The workshop, being organized by the Moon Village Association (MVA), in cooperation with the University of Southern California (USC) and the National Space Society (NSS) will take place at/near the USC campus on Sunday, November 04, 2018 and Monday, November 05, 2018, immediately following the NSS Space Settlement Summit (November 02-03, 2018), and concurrently with a planned space business event at USC. During the Moon Village Workshop & Symposium, the MVA – working with diverse leaders from around the globe – will lay out the results of its first year of work – and make plans for how best to advance the goals of humanity vis-à-vis the exploration, development and settlement of the Moon and cis-Lunar space.
The 2-day program will comprise both plenary sessions featuring leading lunar industrialists, technologists, scientists & visionaries, as well as breakout sessions, organized according to the ten (10) MVA working groups at which real progress will be made in developing strategies and plans for humanity’s lunar future.
We encourage participation in the Space Settlement Summit by MVA members and meeting attendees; please see; http://spacesettlementsummit.nss.org/. Please be aware that registration at the two events is separate; however, the three events are sharing the Radisson at USC as their conference hotel (see the information provided separately).
Location, November 04, 2018, USC Campus
Location, November 05, 2018, Radisson Hotel
MVA has a special accommodation rate provided by the Radisson Hotel Los Angeles Midtown at USC. The rate is $199 per night.
For reserving a room, please follow these instructions:
- Click on the following link: https://www.radisson.com/nssmva
- Enter your desired “Check In” and “Check Out” dates
(these must be between Thursday, November 01, 2018 and Tuesday, November 06, 2018)
- Finalize your reservation.
If you wish to make the arrangements by phone, you may call Radisson Central Reservations at +1-800-333-3333.
- The discounted rate is available only by using this link: https://www.radisson.com/nssmva.
- All accommodation charges are/will be paid by attending individuals.
- Parking is available at $25.00 per night; all guests must pay for their own parking.
- Last day to make reservations using the MVA discounted rate is October 11, 2018.
Additional MVA special accommodation posibility.
There is a second option, the “Luxe City Center Hotel“.
If you would like make a reservation at the Luxe, please click on the following link:
In cooperation with:
Call for proposals
We would like to invite you to make a presentation during the meeting. The meeting will focus on MVA working group topics, but is not limited to those; see https://moonvillageassociation.org/about/working-groups/ for more information on these topics. The event comprises Plenary Sessions, Working Sessions and Panel Discussions, including one involving current Institutional Members of the Association.
In order to make a presentation, you must be registered as an attendee at the The 2nd International Moon Village Workshop & Symposium.
If you would like to make a presentation, please provide the information requested in the presentation proposal form, here after attached, to email@example.com.
Please respond as soon as possible, not later than October 08, 2018.
Decisions / notifications on selected presentations will be made as soon as possible, but not later than October 15, 2018.
Time permitting, proposers will be afforded the opportunity to speak; however, please recognize that available space and time are limited.
First Moon Village Association Workshop, Fall 2017, organized in cooperation with ISU
List of Speakers at the 1 st International Moon Village Association Workshop,
- Johann-Dietrich Woerner, ESA – Director General
- Dave Murrow, Lockeed-Martin- Senior Manager
- Tom Cremins, NASA – Associated Administrator for Strategy and Plan
- Shizuo Yamamoto, JAXA – Vice President
- Mathias Link, Luxembourg Ministry of Economy
- Silvio Sandrone , Airbus – Vice-President
- Michel Tognini, Association of Space Explorer – President Europe
- Dhruv Batra, Teamindus – Vice President
- Sun Gonling, ISU
- Ian Crawford, University of London
- Kyle Acierno, Ispace – Managing Director Europe
- Tortsten Kriening , Ptscientists – Head of Business Development
- Tai Sik Lee, International Space Exploration Institute, South Korea
- Micheal Mealing, Waypaver Foundation
- Clive Neal, University of Notre Dame – US
- Steven Durst, Founding Director – International Lunar Observatory Association
- Maesh Anand, European Space Science Committee
- Arkless Grey, For All Moonkind
- Henk Rogers, International Moonbase Alliance
- Oleg Ventskovsky, Yuzhnoye, Design office
The full details of speakers and report form the meeting can be found at:
For general information about the meeting, please contact: Emeline De Antonio, MVA PR & Communication Manager: firstname.lastname@example.org
If you are a member of the Moon Village Association, please login with your credentials, in order to see the actual registration fees.