The Towards a Lunar Generation Workshop is an event focused on students and young professionals, aiming to explore new areas of activity for the Moon Village Association, and engage with the next generation on the future of MVA and the Moon Village. About a hundred participants will join experts from across the space industry in a series of workshops, talks and networking events.
Get an opportunity to join the event and share your passion for lunar activities with our Technical competition. Submit a digest about a research project you are working on, and get an opportunity to join our event for free, with another follow up opportunity to present your work at the next MVA conference or symposium.
Winners will receive a free registration for the Towards a Lunar Generation 2021. They will also be assigned an opportunity to present their work at one of the upcoming Moon Village workshops.
Submissions may be made available on the MVA website.
How to Apply
To apply, submit a 1-2 page digest summarizing a proposed paper, or the results of a project you are working on. The digest should include key equations, figures, tables, and references as appropriate. The digests must clearly state the objectives of the work, its significance in advancing the state of the art, and the methods and specific results in sufficient detail.
Formatting: submissions should be double column, single-spaced with a one inch margin on each side and a minimum font size of 11 pt (12 pt is preferred). Maximum file size is restricted to eight megabytes (8 MB).
Your submission should relate to one of the topics below:
- Moon settlement /village
- Lunar medical autonomy
- Legal status and policy issues relating to the moon
- Science communication and education on the Moon
- Lunar commerce and economics
- Lunar Science and Technology
Other topics may be accepted as well, as long as there is a clear connection to the Moon.
All submissions must be made by using the Submission Form at the bottom of this page before 1 July 2021, 23:59 EST.
- The language of all submissions must be English.
- The competition is open to all young professionals and students aged 18-35.
- The application shall be submitted via the Submission Form.
- The language of all submissions shall be English.
- The Essay shall be no longer than 2 pages (including title), and shall answer the main questions on the topic.
- Submissions shall be in PDF format.
- In case of lack of quality of submissions, MVA and other participating organizations have the right to extend and or cancel the competition.
Copyright and intellectual Property
- By submitting an entry, applicants agree to permit the MVA and other participating organizations to use their names, affiliations, and headshot photo in connection with the award. This also applies to the essay that is submitted: portions of this essay could be used for promotional purposes (the authors will be credited for the content).
- Copyright of the submitted entry shall remain with the contestants. However, by submitting an entry all contestants agree that MVA and all affiliated organizers are granted non-exclusive reproduction rights regarding all submitted essays. MVA and all affiliated organizers may also present ideas and findings generated by this competition at relevant conferences.
- Select submissions may be made public and available in the MVA documents library.
- Organizers shall not be responsible if the award winner fails or is unable to attend the MVA event; in that case, the award offer shall become void.
- The award is not transferable to another event or individual.
Applications will be evaluated by the organizing committee of the Towards a Lunar Generation Event in conjunction with members of the organizing committee for the 5th Global Moon Village Workshop & Symposium.
We assess submissions based on the following:
- The digest should present a coherent story or idea, and follow a logical sequence.
- The work should be the original work of the authors.
- It should share information that is innovative and new or put a new spin on an old subject. The novelty can be in idea, methodology and approach, or in results and recommendations.
- Digests should have a clear connection to the Moon.
We look forward to your contribution to this amazing lunar experience.
- Entries accepted: 1 June 2021
- Submission Deadline:
28 June1 July 2021 23:59 EST (updated)
- Notification of Winners: 5 July 2021
For any questions, please contact us at gro.n1631971605oitai1631971605cossa1631971605egall1631971605ivnoo1631971605m@12016319716052glt1631971605.