The “Moon Village Principles (MVP)” were issued in December 2018, defining for the first time the boundary of the Moon Village. Within the boundary of the MV there are Missions and Activities. Starting in 2019, Moon Village Association is annually assessing missions and activities of various organizations with respect to MVP. This is done to transform the MV concept in real mission and activities fostering global cooperation between Organizations and Individuals.
In March 2019, the first MVP – Missions awards were announced and they will be handed over in Japan, next December.
The purpose of this call is to request information about MVP – Activities, completed, latest by 2018, which have made significant contribution for future lunar exploration, development and/or settlement. MVP activities are, for example: R&D projects, university/industry/research center studies and reports, analogue campaigns, etc.
The activities do not involve flight hardware, which are part of the MVP –Missions awards.
The following general guidelines apply to all MVP- Activities awards:
- Membership in Moon Village Association (MVA) is not a prerequisite for an award;
- All MVA members have the right to nominate activities including its own activities;
- The activity must be completed, latest by 2018;
- Decisions of the MVA Awards Committee will prevail;
- Activities must have a global impact and in line with Moon Village Principles.
Please send us the documents listed below in English. Incomplete proposals for nomination will not be considered by the MVA Awards Committee:
- Nominator’s name, affiliation, title, address, phone number, and email;
- Nominated activity information, including:
b. Person leading the activity and its affiliation, title, address, phone number, and email;
c. An activity description in max 500 words with related references to the activity, or the PDF of the report issued
- A “compliance matrix” of the nominated activity with the MV Principles – i.e., identification of which MV Principles the particular activities supports. The compliance matrix can be found here.
Please send your proposal for nomination, by email to:
Prof. GonglinSun, Moon Village Missions and Activity Coordinator:
with a copy to Glafki Antoniou, MVA management support:
The deadline for this nomination is November 15, 2019
The selection of the nominations received will be carried out by the MVA Awards Committee; the results will be notified by November 30, 2019.
The awards session will take place during the 3rd International Moon Village Workshop and Symposium on December 5-8, 2019 in Tokyo/Kyoto, Japan The awarded activities will be uploaded on the MVA website in order to increase their visibility and foster their global cooperation. The winner will be granted the first Moon Village Principles – Activity Award and a free individual membership for three years. Other prizes are subject to sponsors availability.