Application deadline: 20 July 2023
MVA is looking for five researchers for the Benefit Sharing Project (BSP). This is a six months volunteer position that offers a chance to participate in a research of international relevance on the sharing of benefits from the exploration of space resources.
What do BSP Researchers do?
- assists in the collection of data and bibliography for research on the subject of benefit sharing;
- participation in the writing of documents that will be the result of the BSP research to be published on MVA’s social networks;
- participate in regular BSP meetings;
- participate in the monthly meetings of the adaptive governance working group to align the research and dissemination strategies;
Duration of term: 6 months (renewable if necessary)
Estimated time commitment: 3 hours per week on average
What are we looking for?
In assessing your application, we look at the following:
- Experience/familiarity with the space sector or Moon related activities;
- Experiences working in a team;
- Interest in the theme of sharing the benefits of space resources;
- Familiarity and comfort with using different software and online platforms such as Microsoft Word and Excel, google apps, and Slack;
- Professional Fluency (Speaking, Reading, and Writing) in English;
- Awareness of international cooperation principles, concepts and techniques;
- Cross-Cultural and Communication Awareness: Ability to establish and maintain professional working relationships with people from various international and cultural backgrounds.
What’s in it for you?
This is a voluntary role and has no monetary compensation. However, you will have an opportunity to:
- Be a part a global nonprofit organization, observer of the UNCOPUOS;
- Work with MVA’s team and with leaders of MVA working groups, projects and board members;
- Be recognized by the MVA for your contributions;
- co-authorship in a relevant international document to be published on MVA’s social networks;
- a certificate of participation in a research of international importance.
Interested individuals are invited to apply by submitting:
- Curriculum vitae.
- register as a member of the MVA: https://moonvillageassociation.org/join/
- fill out the form to the Adaptive Governance WG: https://moonvillageassociation.org/join-wg-mailing-lists/join-the-adaptive-governance-wg-mailing-list/
Applications should be submitted using the form below.
Applications will be reviewed by the MVA Network Coordinator. Eligible applications could be invited to discuss their plans with the Network Coordinator in more detail.
- Applications open: 27 June 2023
- Applications close: 20 July 2023
- Review of applications: By 30 July 2023
- Announcement of results: August 2023