Application deadline: 25 January 2023
MVA is looking for active leaders around the world to become the MVA Regional Coordinators. This is a two year, volunteer position that offers a chance to lead and be responsible for the voice of the MVA in your region, especially as activities and excitement for the Moon Village expand around the world!
Regional Coordinators (RCs) oversee the activities of national coordinators in each region and help benefit from synergies in regional activities. Their role is integral in engaging with Moon Village Association members around the world, and engaging with those outside of the association that are interested in the moon.
MVA activities are organized in 4 global regions modeled around UNSD definition of regions. We are currently looking for Regional Coordinators in:
- Central America and the Caribbean
- South America
- Oceania (Australia and New Zealand, Melanesia, Polynesia, Micronesia)
- Southern Asia, Central Asia
- Western Asia
- Middle and Southern Africa
- Eastern Europe
- Northern Europe
- Southern Europe
- Western Europe
What do RCs do?
- Interface with organizations in their respective region to promote the Moon Village concept
- Coordinate with members in their region to organize local Moon Village Association activities which could include events, social gatherings, projects or competitions
- Connect members in their region to relevant Moon Village Association activities including events and working groups
- Act as a mentor for national coordinators and support the implementation of national plans
- Act as a point of contact for those interested in MVA
- Submit annual plans, and reports outlining their activities
- Maintain the regional webpage on the MVA website
- Attend a monthly regional meeting and a monthly network-wide meeting of regional coordinators
Duration of term: 2 years (renewable for an additional two years)
Estimated time commitment: 5 hours per week on average
What are we looking for?
Our regional coordinators come from various backgrounds. In assessing your application, we look at the following:
- Citizenship of or residence in the region you wish to represent (residence in region is preferred)
- Past experience leading activities at regional or local level
- Experience/familiarity with the space sector or Moon related activities
- Experiences working in a team and leading teams
- Familiarity and comfort with using different software and online platforms such as Microsoft Word and Excel, google apps, and Slack
- Professional Fluency (Speaking, Reading, and Writing) in English
- Awareness of international cooperation principles, concepts and techniques
- Cross-Cultural and Communication Awareness: Ability to establish and maintain professional working relationships with people from various international and cultural backgrounds
What’s in it for you?
This is a voluntary role and has no monetary compensation. However, you will have an opportunity to:
- Be the face of the Moon Village Association and represent a global nonprofit in your region
- Work with MVA’s global team, and partners and sponsors
- Gain early bird access to MVA events and activities
- Benefit from registration discounts and other unique opportunities only available to MVA team members
- Interact with leaders of MVA working groups, projects and board members
- Be recognized by the MVA for your contributions
- Develop highly desirable leadership and management skills
- Work with and learn from the best people in the world
Interested individuals are invited to apply by submitting:
- A 1-page letter of intent
- A resume (maximum 2 pages)
- Name of two MVA Members that support your application
- A 1-2 page document including:
- 3 past experiences and how they have prepared the applicant for this role
- A short-term plan for the first year of their term (a simple table with ideas would suffice)
Applications should be submitted using the form below.
Applications will be reviewed by the MVA Network Coordinator. Eligible applications will be invited to discuss their plans with the Network Coordinator in more detail. The Network Coordinator will be recommending applicants to the MVA Board for final consideration.
If you are unsure of any steps in the application process, please reach out to firstname.lastname@example.org for clarification.
- Applications open: 03 January 2023
- Applications close: 25 January 2023
- Review of applications: 26-31 January 2023
- Discussion with candidates: 01-15 February 2023
- Announcement of results: 25 February 2023