The MVA Board is opening of the Board position of Legal Advisor, to be endorsed at the upcoming General Assembly planned in June 2023.
The position is “Legal Advisor”, please see attached the relevant Terms of Reference and desired Qualifications.
This position is voluntary and would require to spend at least at least few hours a week on it.
Terms of Reference
- Responsible for the legal and governance related activities associated with the Moon Village Association
- Liaise with UN system for issues related to the Observer status of the Association
- Book captain for the Statue and Bylaws and required amendments if requested by the General Assembly, the Board, or the President
- Provide Legal Advice, context, and recommendations for the actions of the Association including NDAs
- Ensure compliance of the Association with the local law on associations and any other relevant and applicable laws
- Other Specific tasks delegated by the President
- Legal education (LL.M., JD, or equivalent)
- Professional experience in domestic and international law
- Knowledge and experience in space-related legal issues
- Knowledge and experience with legal aspects of the work of an NGO
- At least a passive understanding of German (as the seat of the association is in Austria and communication with the Viennese police department may be necessary)
Applicants should include their CV and the motivation for applying to this position.
The deadline for application is 10 March, 2023.
Depending of the number of applicants there could be a need for a remote interview with the Interview Board. If you are interested, please apply via the following form: