The MVA Board is opening of the Board position of Lunar Science Coordinator, to be endorsed at the upcoming General Assembly planned in June this year.
The position is “Lunar Science Coordinator”, please see attached the relevant Terms of Reference and desired Qualifications.
This position is voluntary and would require to spend at least at least few hours a week on it.
Terms of Reference
- Serve as the focal point for MVA members from the lunar science community
- Provide situational awareness regarding lunar science developments to the MVA Board and membership
- Foster participation in MVA activities by the lunar science community worldwide; including scientists in universities, government laboratories, etc.
- Foster complementary activities between lunar science organizations and MVA
- Coordinate with lunar science-focused institutional members in coordination with the Moon Market Development Coordinator
- Coordinate lunar science contributions to MVA architecture WG studies
- Other Specific tasks delegated by the President
- Substantial experience in a space field or equivalent, or expert in new Lunar science fields
- MS in a field relevant to lunar science; Ph.D. preferred
- Proactive attitude to reach-out to space and non-space organizations
- Good network with Space Agencies and International Organizations
- University experience with teaching and students worldwide
Applicants should include their CV and the motivation for applying to this position.
The deadline for application is January 31, 2023.
Depending of the number of applicants there could be a need for a remote interview with the Interview Board.If you are interested, please apply via the following form: